Wednesday 19 September 2012

Basic Grey.. My new best friend

I was so upset when Sarah told me Sassafras was gone, they were one of my favourite manufacturers.
But wait along comes SOLIEL from Basic Grey and even better they have collaborated with Sassafras to make this awesome collection.

I don't mind admitting I begged Sarah to stock it the shop, so you need to buy it now or I'm going to feel awful if no body else like it.

This month I armed myself with the whole collection pack as I couldn't choose between the papers and I knew I needed them all to play with.

Whilst I had my collection of papers spread out lovingly on my craft table, I was pondering over what to do this month when I noticed a box of drinking straws the kids had taken out of the kitchen cupboard, the colours matched my papers beautifully.. It's not hard to find a little inspiration if you just look around your surroundings.

So here is my first layout, my son proudly showing off his new goggles - I love the random Alphas in this collection which can be purchased alone with out the collection here. I also loved the border and sticker sheet that comes with the collection and made good use of them on this page.
The pins and tags embellishments are fantastic, I really like the little safety pins supplied to hang the tags on, so much easier than messing with cotton and threads.

I randomly cut my straws into approx lengths of 0.5 to 1inch and used them to frame my photograph. I like the texture they have created on my page.





The second layout is a very rare photograph, infact I think it's the only one I have of myself and my sister who recently got married.

Again I used my collection pack to make this page with the Border and alpha stickers. The flowers are metal and a must have they are from the My Minds Eye - Indie Chic collection. I have added a few brads from the Basic Grey Soliel mixed brads pack.











3 comments:

Mel said...

loving the goggles layout!

Tracy said...

Fab pages Claire! I love the goggles photo.

Nat said...

Love how you achieved two totally different effects with one collection - one bright and bold and one soft and feminine xxx