Hi all, its Gems here with some gorgeous Studio Calico papers from the Memoir collection. This collection was my most favourite release from the last CHA show and I couldn’t wait for it to come into the shop!
The first of my layouts I created to remember the fabulous day we spent at the Welsh National Air Show where we enjoyed a spectacular performance from the amazing Red Arrows.
[Please Click to View Larger]
This is how I created my layout:
1. I used the neutral graph paper called ‘Linen’, as the background for my layout. I love to use a patterned paper as the background to base my layout on. I misted the top left hand corner with some Mister Hueys in ‘Calico White’. I absolutely loved this mist! The white colourway is a fantastic way to add a little interest and texture and I am sure it will be making its way onto lots more future layouts.
2. There are some gorgeous patterns in the Memoir collection, and I used my favourite piece ‘Heirloom’ as the base layer.
3. I added a narrower strip of patterned paper, ‘book jacket’ to layer upon the base layer which I edged using a border punch.
4. I then placed my photos onto the layout and once I was happy with the arrangement glued them in place.
5. I stamped one of the label stamps from the MME Stella & Rose Hattie – ‘Remember’ Stamps onto ‘Homestead’ and added a subtitle using Adornit tiny alphas.
6. I added my title using Thickers and some tiny alphas in colours to co-ordinate with my red arrow theme.
7. I slipped a little journaling card I had stashed away in my collection for an age behind a photo.
8. Finally I embellished with a few of the absolutely gorgeous wood veneer asterisks, and finished them off with a pretty little gem to add a little sparkle.
[Lion King 3D]
A couple of weekends ago we went to the cinema to watch the release of Disney’s Lion King. It was Ashton’s first experience of 3D and she loved it. During the trailers before the movie, one of the characters appeared to ‘smash’ through the screen, Ashton jumped to the back of her seat shouting about all the glass all over the floor in front of her seat.
I find that sweet little things happen every day and I think it is important to remember and document them. So this is my little way of remembering that funny little occurrence.
[Please Click to View Larger]
The gorgeous woodgrain sheet of paper is from another new release from Studio Calico and can be found here.
In addition to a gorgeous selection of patterned papers, Studio Calico released a great selection of co-ordinating embellishments such as the tags I used in this layout. They are a fantastic way to add dimension and can be used to mount titles, incorporate journaling or simply act as a layer.
I added my journaling by simply printing out from the computer and cutting into strips. I find this technique to be the perfect way to add journaling to a layout without having to handwrite, as I sometimes feel my handwriting spoils the look of my layout.
Again I used the wood veneer asterisks. I seriously love these little embellishments. They provide a wonderful alternative to the usual flower, heart or butterfly and are perfect for more masculine layouts.
Thanks for stopping by x