Sunday 30 October 2011

It's official, Summer's End(ed)

It's the end of the month again so it is Ifa again with you. Happy Halloween for tomorrow! I have a couple of layouts to share with you.

I used to love Fancy Pants but I haven't been drawn to buy a range until I saw Summer's End. I love the stylised tree and those birds with curly tails. I have got to have some of those rub ons!

Even though this is an autumn range, as you can see, you don't have to limit yourself to autumnal pictures. In fact, both my layouts used summer photos.

There are quite a few journalling spot-like circles in the rub ons. I tend not to use journalling spots so I have decided to turn them into the canopy of a tree, perfect for the photo of my guys, sitting under a tree.

I started by drawing a tree on Oak using a brown marker pen (ok, I drew with pencil before going over with pen! ) which I cut out.


I cut out the elements that I want to use from the rub on sheet and arranged them around the tree.


I also added a few buttons. I embellished a large button with rub on. I used the "wrong" side of the button as this side is flatter.


You might have spotted a twine circle on my tree too. To make the twine cirle, I started by is punching a circle(mine is 1")out of scrap paper. Run this through a xyron machine so it has one very sticky side. We are going to apply the twine to the sticky side! To make this easier, turn the circle sticky side up and with a temporary glue, stick to a piece of paper. Start the twine circle in the middle and continue until you have all the sticky stuff covered.


Now that I have all the elements for the tree ready, I started applying them to the background cardstock. The tree canopy (or the circle rub ons) first, then the tree followed by the buttons and twine circle. I also added some oak leaves rub on to the edges of some tree canopies.

I cut out a frame from Fall Frames and added to the background cardstock. This is followed by my photo. Next I added a little bird rub on to the side of the photo and some flowers to the journalling spot. I had a yellow frame lying around so that jumped aboard.

And here is my layout, "Under a tree", in Rosenberg Castle, Copenhagen.


I also made this layout, "Bird's eye View" using the same range.


Can you spot a button embellished with rub on ? And a twine circle pretending to be a tree ? I have also used another sheet of paper, Falling Leaves for this layout.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Love the tree on the first layout - it is so effective. And why have I never thought to use a rub-on on a button before?!

Beautiful pages :)

Anonymous said...

I love the way the journal spots have been used on the fab tree!

Nat said...

Gorgeous Ifa, love all the little details xxx

Jenga said...

Love this - and a great detailed write up too :)

sixofone aka Leah said...

I love how you did the tree

Gems said...

Gorgeous Ifa :) I love the tree xx