Wednesday 12 October 2011

Let's talk chalk!

Jen here!
Chalkboard (or blackboard as I remember it from school!) is hugely on trend right now across the home furnishings and papercrafting worlds. American Crafts have released a selection of chalkboard goodies in one of their latest lines - Nightfall. 

You may have overlooked this collection, thinking it was too themed. Although this range is a mixture of halloween and autumn themes (& the embellishments are split into those two themes, rather than mixed), it also has loads of generic patterns - great stripes, dots & grids that are really versatile. 

Anyway, the thing that really caught my eye was the chalkboard papers- they come in lots of different designs and are such fun to work with! 



For this page I stuck with the theme and used a picture of Benjamin from last year, dressed as a pumpkin, and sat atop one! He was a little bit unsure about being perched so precariously (the embellishment cluster in the top left covers up my mum's arm!), but he sat very still & looked super cute for me to take a few photos. He was just 3 weeks old here. I'm hoping he'll be amenable to me dressing him up in cute outfits for several years to come!

I love the Ranger Inkessentials White Gel Pen - it's the best white pen I've found, and works great for journalling straight onto the chalkboard papers - the white stands out beautifully against the strong black.




7 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh I will be looking for those chalkboard things now - just one more thing to add to the list!! Jill x

Jenga said...

Yum - I have those papers too :) Great layout x

Nat said...

Ooooh thanks for the heads-up Jen, I had indeed over-looked them, and they are fab! Love your page :) xxx

Ifa said...

Gorgeous LO, Jen.

Rachel said...

oohh looks great hun x

Louise said...

I missed these in the shop, they are fab, and your LO is gorgeous.

Gems said...

They look fun :) Gorgeous page Jen x