Tuesday 25 October 2011

* * More travel layouts using Boarding Pass * *

Hello again, it's still Laura here with day two of travel layouts using the gorgeous "Boarding Pass" range from October Afternoon.

First up another excuse to scrap a handful of New York photos... this time four 2.5 x 2.5 photos.  I always use photobox for ordering my prints as I think the quality is fantastic and I love the quick service.  I also love to use Picasa to create collages of photos to upload to Picasa to enable me to get the size photos that I am after.  In this case I created a grid of these four photos in Picasa and then ordered the collage as a 5 x5 print, enabling me to cut them down into the perfect 2.5 inch squares.

I am so not a fan of measuring my patterned paper and totally tend to go for the "eyeballing" approach when it comes to patterned paper size selection.  I find that this helps me to work quickly and suits my style of scrapping.  So for this layout I chopped several strips of patterned paper of various widths and lengths. 

I added these to the middle of a 12 x 12 sheet of white cardstock and then my photos were added ontop.
For this layout I added some details by labelling each of the four photos that I was scrapping.  My trusted American Craft Precion Pen came out I wrote out a couple of journalling boxes.  It's easiest to write your title/journalling first and then add a box around your writing and then cut out.  This saves you trying to squeeze your writing into a box that you have alreday drawn.

Again with this layout, I then added details to my layers by finding little gaps that I could add some word stickers and a couple of bling stones

The title was made up of these thickers and some mini market alpha stickers.  The thickers were given some extra details with a pen and the whole title was layered on a piece of patterned paper that was raised up from the page using 3d foam pads.
oh and you can see that another button and some ribbon have also sneeked their way in there! They were both from the Miscellany pack that I showed you yesterday but you can also get a whole pack of matching buttons if they are your favourite embellishment!

Third and finally for me... a change of location for this layout as now we are in Paris.  One of the things I love about the "New York" piece of patterned paper in this collection is that it comes with loads of ready made titles! If you have been to the place in question that is!

Luckily for me... Paris was the destination for our 'mini-moon' the weekend directly after our wedding.  So I started to create my layout using this title cut from the "New York" sheet of paper, alongside a 5x5 photograph and a selection of 2x2 patterned paper squares.

Onto each of these squares I added small amounts of details using the die cut shapes from the Miscellany pack and stickers from both the word and label sticker sheets. 


To keep the page from looking too flat, some of these stickers were stuck directly onto the patterned paper squares and some were raised up slightly using 3d foam pads.

Some ribbon, mini market alphabet stickers and hand journalling also found their way onto this layout and meant that I could add some very brief 'key fact' journalling!


I felt that the whole layout needed to be mounted onto a piece of coloured cardstock to add a border to the whole page.  So I trimmed a little off the sides and mounted the whole layout onto a co-ordinating colour.

A quick layout that is fantastic for using up your scraps and those odd stickers that you have left over on a sheet.


4 comments:

Helen said...

Really like the grid on the last layout. I'm a fan of 'bits' and using them in thsi way :)

Jenga said...

Great layouts. I particularly like the second one :)

Gems said...

Great layouts :) x

MissusMege said...

Loving these layouts, I especially like concrete jungle. :)