Thursday 22 November 2012

Stars!

Its almost Christmas again!  I'm not normally one for using Christmas papers, I usually like to scrap Christmas layouts using non-Christmas papers and challenge myself to use Christmas papers for non-Christmassy layouts.

Today is no exception. As soon as my beady eye locked on the new Fair Skies papers by The Farmhouse Paper Company, I loved them and although they're nothing to do with the Festive season, that's what I wanted to do.

Firstly, my layout uses a collage photo created in Picasa (if you look back, Helen has done demos in the past).


The large star and stocking are hand drawn (well traced from pictures in magazines).  I've used the twine to do a bit of simple handstitching around the edge of the shapes.  The Thickers are covered in the extra fine glitter, which goes lovely with these papers and gives them a real Christmassy feel.


The little stars on the stocking are punched from an old small hole punch and then covered with glitter mixed with glossy accents.

I love making other little crafty projects and gifts, not just scrapbook pages.  The Christmas card below features the lovely bird stamp from the MME All is Bright collection, I've wrapped the star in the twine and used the glitter and glossy accents again.


And finally, a little gift wrapped with tag.  


A lovely little gift set. :)

Thanks for looking. :) 


3 comments:

Tracie said...

I couldn't resist these papers either Vanessa! I love what you've done with them, especially the card!!

Nat said...

lovely Vanessa, they do seem very festive indeed xxx

Tracy said...

Great projects Vanessa, very festive. xxx