Saturday 24 November 2012

I Screwed Up...


... literally. I screwed up Washi Tape. The stuff is so amazing that even after it has been screwed up into a ball it will unravel and still be useable. Here's the proof:
 
This:
 and this:
were used on this LO:
The screwed up Washi adds lovely texture to the page.

On this page I had originally placed the washi in a flat strip vertically on the right of the patterned paper. Usually you can pull washi tape off a page easily but I think I was a bit too vigorous with it and it ripped the paper. It turned out to be a happy accident though, as I liked the effect. I used the screwed up effect with the washi tape again - adding texture to this page too.

Try screwing up like me then post us a link to your pages.


P.S.
Along with the Witch Hazel 8x8 pad I used the "Tidbits" pack. I was happy to discover that each "Tidbit" was double sided with wording on one side, but blank on the other. This means that all of the left overs from the pack can easily be used on non-Halloween layouts.



 

7 comments:

Helsbells said...

Looks great: it echoes the toilet rolls in the photos. I need to scrap my halloween pics too:)

Nat said...

oooh it looks fab all screwed up, love the texture! xxx

Tracie said...

Fab idea and love the texture it adds! Great layouts Jen! x

Georgina said...

I love it when happy mistakes are made! these layouts look great

Vanessa said...

Now I might get some washi tape! Love it. :) x

Unknown said...

oh wow....what a genius idea!! I am off to try it :0)

Tracy said...

Looks great all screwed up, must try that myself. Fabulous layouts. xxx