Friday 2 November 2012

Almost there!!!

It's Louise here with a couple of LOs to share. After ordering the Authentique Curiosity collection with the intention of scrapping photos of the boys at the beginning of a new school year, I decided to be a little bit selfish and make the post an 'it's all about me' one.

I don't know if you can remember my January post about my New Year Resolution to lose weight. Well after a rocky start, I'm finally well on my way to getting to my goal weight. I think that deserves a whoop whoop!
On the first LO I have to share, I included my 'before' photo that I used on the LO in my January post. I made it into a photo collage with a recent photo of me taken wearing the same skirt. Which is now so big that it falls straight down. I think that deserves another whoop whoop... lol!

I used white card as my base and an assortment of stamps to create a background A light misting with turquoise stopped it looking too stark.
I used a mix of small alpha stickers, DIY thickers covered in fine red glitter and a couple of stamps from the Pink Paislee set to create my title.
 

I added a bit of journalling to the LO to record the fact that whilst I've done well, losing 3 stone, I  have still got a little way to go until I reach my final target.

One of the things I've loved the most about losing weight is being able to buy new clothes, and more importantly the type of clothes I've never been able to wear before.
A group of friends went out for a night on the town to celebrate a birthday, and I bought a new LBD! I ordered 2 sizes and tried the largest on first and it was way too big... I'm feeling another whoop whoop coming on!
This photo was taken in the dress, and although you can't see a lot of it, you can see that it exposes skin, and I now have collar bones!!! And I'm much more confident about having my photo taken with my thin friends.
I used the stamps to add key words to the background, and love the way the black ink has bled slightly into the white acrylic paint brushed over the background paper.
After tying a bow with baker's twine, I stamped and embossed a couple  of stars and added them to the ends of the twine.
This little heart in a speech bubble stamp is so sweet and is perfect to cover the hole on the tag.
I have a couple more LOs celebrating my achievements which are still in the development stage. I plan to share these with you next month. I'd love to see how you record your own personal achievements, or how you have used scrap booking to inspire and motivate you into reaching your goals. Drop us a link to your blog or gallery in the comments box so we can swing by and have a look.
Remember to drop by every couple of days to see what the rest of the DT have been up to.



8 comments:

kjjc said...

Well done (how did you do it?):-)

Jill said...

Wow Lou love the LO and well done on the weight loss - looking good! Jill x

Mel said...

Well done I am thinking the same as Kjjc! Defo worthy of celebrating that achievement in a layout!

Tracy said...

Fab layouts as always Lou. You look amazing! I would never had thought you had 3 stone to lose, you always looked great to me. xx

Jenga said...

whoop whoop!!
whoop whoop!!
WHOOP WHOOP!!!

xxx

Nat said...

Gorgeous pages and you are looking amazing!! Well done you :D xxx

Vanessa said...

Fantastic Lou :) xxx

Julia said...

Beautiful pages (I especially love the grey and yellow combination) and well done on that fabulous weight loss!