Thursday 29 November 2012

O'Christmas Tree

Hello ladies.  It is Ifa with you today.  I hope you are having a nice day and gearing up to your Christmas preparations.  If you are thinking about Christmas layouts, I might be able to help with some little Christmas trees.

I have been rumaging through some old photos. The first layout I am sharing with you features photos from 1999, when my son was just one.

 
The photos were from before I scrapbook.  I wish I did scrapbook in those days so I might have written down what he got for Christmas but I didn't.  In one of the photos, he was holding a monkey soft toy so I am guessing that was one of his present so my journalling went along this line.
 
I have decorated the layout with three little Christmas trees that I made with papers from Crate Paper Acorn Avenue. I know, not the traditional Christmassy papers but I like to be contrary.
 
I made the trees by punching out 1 1/2" squares...I used the little one from the twin Creative Memories Punch which I cut into 2 triangles.  I stacked them up and added some brown paper for the trunk. I then lightly glue the pieces so it is easier to handle.  I say lightly because I don't want too much glue clogging up my sewing machine.
 
 
I then stitched around the edges on my sewing machine.
 



I made a few and added them to my page.  I also embellish them with some pearls.

 
The second layout follows pretty much the same recipe, to create this layout. My albums are in chronological order and as the photos are from different periods, nobody is going to notice the similarity.


I hope you like them. Have a very good Christmas and I hope Santa brings you some crafting goodies. 

4 comments:

Candace said...

Great trees Ifa and even though you have not used Christmas papers they really co-ordinate well

Nat said...

love the trees! fabulous pages as always Ifa xxx

Unknown said...

Fantastic pages Ifa...I love those trees :0)

Helen said...

I really love those little trees too :)