Saturday 18 June 2011

Frilling Weekend..

This weekend the blog is in my hands and I have been busy creating with the stunning Glitz Design - Atfernoon Muse paper collection.

Below is the first layout I hve created with this range. The picture is one of many that I have of my daughter wearing one of her dancing costumes, I knew the papers would be ideal for these photographs.







I decided I wanted to create a frilly border for this layout and below I will share with you how simple this was to create.

To create frilly border

Cut 8 strips of paper 2"x 12" (you will use one for each straight edge and one to go around each corner.
Fold the strips in half to find the centre and line up with the centre of the border punch. (I have used Doily lace punch by Martha Stewart).



Work from the centre to the edge of the strip in both directions and your frill should finish neatly at the edge of the strip.



After you have punched all 8 strips you will need to concertina fold them as shown below. I made a fold inbetween the dip of each frill and at the highest point of each frill.




Starting at the top centre of a sheet of 12"x 12" card attach your first piece - using a strip of double sided tape is best, just rest the frill onto it.
Continue to attach a frill to the centre of each side of the 12"x 12" card, then link up the remaining 4 pieces to these bending them as you go around the corners.
When you are happy the pieces are joined and lying in the correct position you will need to flatten the bottom edge. I slightly pinched and folded as I pressed the bottom edge of the frill flat against the page.



Once this is done, I cut a a sheet of patterned paper to 10"x 10" and attached this to the centre of the page covering up the flattened edges of the frilly border.

.

To neaten the edges I finished off by sewing around the edge of the 10"x 10" paper, this also secures the frill in place.

Check back to the blog tomorrow, when I show you a couple more projects I have created with this paper range.

Happy Weekend all Love Claire xxx

6 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh like that Claire, will definitely be having a go! Jill x

Natalie Jane said...

great layout claire :) :) xox

Louise said...

Excellent tip Claire... fab LO, can't wait to see your next post x

Cathy C said...

Love your layout Claire, will have to give the pleading a try!

Gems said...

That is really effective - will have to give that a try :) xx

Vanessa said...

Absolutely love the frill claire - fab technique. x