Friday 3 February 2012

Summers End

Well I don't know about you but I could do with some warm sunshine at the moment! The cold days are certainly keeping me indoors more, which also gives me more time to craft! This month I would like to share with you two layouts I have created using the beautiful Fancy Pants Summers End range.

The first one is called Ha'penny Bridge, this is a bridge that sits over the River Thames in Lechlade in Gloucestershire. We spend many hours here in the warmer months walking along the river, feeding the ducks and occasionally popping into the local pub for a drink by the river. I have used one of the papers on this page that is predominately lined paper with journaling spots along one side. I have cut the journaling spots out to create a feature to my design. Mirroring the shape by cutting out another journaling spot from the Cards paper. I've added some of the chipboard embellishments and handcut the dandelion like flowers from another of the journal cards.



The second page shows some photos that I took at a local music festival last summer, the man in the photos did some amazing tricks using fire, very scary too! I have focused the main design to the centre of the page. I have cut out 2 small circles from the Windy Day paper so that they would fit in the centre of the doilies, then hand cut lots of leaves from the Falling Leaves paper. I have then added in some of the chipboard leaves, a couple of flowers and a chipboard journaling spot.



Check back soon to see what the rest of the Design Team have been creating!



No comments: