Tuesday 28 February 2012

{Give it some Zing!} Part 2

 I have another layout to share with you today, featuring some other ways to use Zing embossing powders on your layouts. (Again, apologies for the lower standard of photos, my camera is still unusable!)

Having had a little boy, a lot of my pages now feature slightly more manly colour combinations, so sometimes I like to go back to my 'pre-baby' photo drawer and pick out something else to scrap! I relish the opportunity to do a girly page now & again, and our wedding photos are the perfect chance to do just that.

 I chose this time to write about my choice of perfume for the big day - it took quite a few testers and a lot of sniffing to pick out the perfect one! Unlike some people who have a 'signature scent', I have a whole basket full of different perfumes, so I wanted a new one for our wedding. Eventually I chose this one - 'Romance' by Ralph Lauren. I love that whenever I wear it now, the smell takes me back to that day, and that was something I wanted to document.


I've used Zing! powders on a little wooden heart shape under my title here - this time I went for the silver glitter finish, which gives a beautiful subtle sparkle to the piece, perfect for this page. I also used white and blush powders with stamps above and below my paper block. First I stamped the image with Versamark, and embossed using the white opaque powder - I love this finish - glossy and  a nice crisp white. To add a bit of interest I then went over a few of the dots with a versamark pen, and embossed over the top of the white with 'Blush' - a pale pink. The versamark pens are great for allowing you to add a bit of colour to exactly where you want it, you could even emboss your own handwriting!

Don't forget you've only got until tomorrow to get your entries in for this month's blog challenge - you could win a £20 voucher for the shop so what are you waiting for?!



4 comments:

Jenga said...

Lovely feminine page Jen. You need a niece - thats the only way I get to scrap girly photos!
x

Helen said...

Or just ise pink on boy pages which I sometimes do :) Lovely colours Jen. I love versamark pens - really versatile.

Lesley G said...

Love this page, may have to lift x

Vanessa said...

Very pretty :)