Friday 2 December 2011

Non Festive, Festive Scrapping!

Hi it's Louise back again with a couple more LOs using the Echo Park Times & Seasons range. Every year paper manufacturers release festive ranges perfect for scrapping our Christmas memories. But what if you're just not that into festive themed papers? I am very bad at scrapping Christmas photos, and I think it's because I feel intimidated by the themed papers with their colour schemes and patterns. Who says you have to use these papers if they're not your thing! I decided to use the Times & Seasons range to scrap a photo of a visit to see father Christmas.
The colours are rich and warm and really suited the colours from the photo, which I framed in a poloroid print to look aged.

I love the cute little camera stamp in the Amy Tangerine set. It's so versatile I think it'll become a favourite of mine and be seen on a lot of future LOs.
 The last LO I have to share is of a photo of my 3 boys taken when Drew was just a few weeks old. I have scrapped this photo before for Oliver's scrapbook, so this will go into Harry's, and I'll scrap the photo again one day for Drew.
The moustache paper works really well as a frame for this LO, so it just goes to show you shouldn't disregard a paper because of it's pattern... sometimes patterns work 'just because'.
I used my favourite pointed circle punch to create a bunting strip which is a bit different from the usual triangle bunting.

Well that's all from me for this year.
Don't forget to pop back regularly throughout the month to see what the rest of the DT have created.
See you in 2012.





7 comments:

Jill said...

Absolutely stunning Lou, love all of them. Jill x

Lisa said...

Great work Lou. I find christmas papers hard to use so avoid them like the plague lol.

loving the photos of your boys and that is great paper you've used too

Lisa
x

Ali said...

Lovely los, that is a great range and you've used them beautifully. I love that you can scrap Christmas photos without the papers and vice versa.

Jenga said...

Love the 'tache paper LO even thought there's no 'taches :D

Eileen said...

Love the LOs, and the colours of the first one give it a real old-time Christmas feel, with not a bauble or a fir tree in site! I really love your LO of the boys, and look forward to seeing Drew's version too!

Nat said...

Gorgeous missus xx

Helsbells said...

So many details to look at. Love the circular garland. If only I had that punch... ;)