Saturday 3 December 2011

More Non Festive, Festive Scrapping!!

Hi!  Its Sandie here, and I am following on from Louise's fabulous blog post yesterday where she has scrapped some Christmas photographs on non Christmas themed paper.  I am also not a huge fan of themed papers and find that I don't scrapbook alot of my Christmas photographs because of this.

I have decided to use the Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends papers to create two layouts describing some events from Christmas 2008 and 2009.  These papers lent themselves surprisingly well to my photo themes and I am really pleased with the results.  The first page I have created is of my daughter opening her stocking presents on Christmas morning 2008. 


I've kept the page itself fairly simple to show off more of the beautiful papers.  I adore the little Dew Drops that you can buy in a variety of colours and created a border with them along the edge of my papers.


The flower was cut from the paper, and then I have stamped a circle with a flower in the centre using the American Crafts Sentiments Stamps.  Then to add extra detail I've stamped leaves using the same set of stamps.  At the top of the page I have added a journaling tag, cut from one of the papers, and added a layered flower with a clear button on top, with some twine tied through it.


The second page I have to share with you is of my youngest son on his brand new mountain bike on Christmas Day 2009.  Once again the papers worked with the photo, and the colours were perfect.  This is another simple design using torn and inked strips of paper to base the photo onto.


I have once again cut out a journaling spot from the paper and stamped a quote on it from the same stamp set, adding some hand drawn pen detail around the journaling spot and the cardstock.


I've used the lovely clear buttons again on this page, but this time I have adhered them to patterned paper and cut around them.  And also I've added black pen detail to the Thickers to make them pop off the page more.


Well that is all from me for 2011!  I just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I will be back in the New Year!  Keep checking back through December for more creative ideas from the rest of the Design Team!










3 comments:

Nat said...

Lovely Sandie! I especially love your use of the clear buttons, fab! xx

Louise said...

Love the LOs Sandie. Good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't love festive papers!!!

Helsbells said...

Those papers and colours work really well for Christmas layouts :)