Saturday 24 December 2011

* * Happy Christmas Eve * *


* Happy Christmas Eve *

Only one more sleep till Santa! I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas so far.  It's Laura here with a couple of Christmas layouts for you.  I used the gorgeous Bella Blvd Christmas collection for these pages.  For me Christmas is all about the bright colours and festive whimsey, so this collection was just perfect for me! - All the products that I have used are linked at the bottom of this blog post.  Just click on the product for a link straight back to the shop!

It is bright, colourful and is made for layering.  Let me show you what I made with these pages using some alternative photo options.

Firstly I scrapped an instax photo.  Since the sad departure of polaroid I have made myself content with instax as a replacement.  I have an instax wide (and a mini but more on that in a future post) and it produces gorgeous sized instant prints.  I bought a second hand camera on ebay so keep an eye out for a bargain if you are interested in adding an instant camera to your collection.

Scrapping instant photos is instant gratification! This is a recent photo of me, the hubby and our little one (who is almost  three months old already!).  The Bella Blvd 'Cute Cuts' paper has some journalling blocks on the paper which makes it so quick and simple to add journalling and a title to your page with very little effort.

This page documents my wishes for our family over the festive period.

This collection from Bella Blvd is made for layering, several of the sheets have small scale details on them which makes them perfect for cutting into small pieces and scattering across your page.  I added dimension by raising some of these elements up with 3d foam pads. I even used the name of the collection in this page! It was printed on the bar code strip at the bottom of the patterned paper and as it fitted in well with my page, I added that in! Another way to add embellishments to your page!



I scattered some pearls across the layout to add some details, these are so easy to add to pages and such a bargain at only 75p for a whole sheet!

If you like the look of instant prints but don't have an instax then its so easy to fake it! I have an iphone that tends to be my "go to camera" most of the time.  There are several apps that allow you to add vintage and instant effects to your photos and one of my favourites right now is the Instaplus app which allows you to save a polaroid style border to your photo.  Once created on my phone I printed the pic and then I was ready to scrap!
Another baby pic.. this one of her staring up at the Christmas tree lights.  Layering is featured heavily in this layout too.  The 'borders' paper from this collection proved to be a fab score of elements for this page, cut out Christmas trees and borders that I layered up with some punched out stars to create an embellishment cluster with stickers from the minatures sheet added in. 

And finally I created a block of photos and scrapped these in the same way that I would scrap a singular photo of the same size.  The Jenni Bowlin white buttons match this collection perfectly and provide some added cute! In this layout I mirrored the embellishment clusters above and below the photo grid to create balance across the layout.

I doubt that many of us will have time to scrap over the next few days but January is the perfect time to look back over these next few days and get it documented. 

If you like this Christmas collection then don't delay in buying as stocks are running low in the shop and you will not want to miss out! (is it too late to ask Santa to bring some down the chimney?)

Lastly... Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope you are all looking forward to 2012 as much as I am.  x






2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Christmas and New Year to all of you at Sarah's Cards. Jill x

Mel said...

Love all the fussy cutting and detailed clusters on these layouts Laura. It must be so fun having a baby for Christmas! I have an instax mini and have just fallen in love with it again and have been posting layouts that I took a pic and scrapped and blogged about all in one day - it's epic!