Wednesday 2 November 2011

More tags, tickets and a twist of twine...

Welcome middle of the week, not long until the weekend Wednesday... I like Wednesdays, especially as today it means only 1 more sleep until I meet up with the rest of the DT at the November 2011 Sarah's Cards Retreat!

I have another LO to share using tags, the Tim Holtz journalling tickets and baker's twine. I used papers from Studio Calico and Lily Bee Memorandum.

I cut 2 tags from patterned paper as a base for a cluster of embellishments. I rediscovered my decorative edge scissors which don't get enough. I used my current favourite pointed circle punch again, this time using just the negative shape rather than the punch out itself. I had a rummage through the leftovers of past Sarah's Cards kits, and found the month strip and the chipboard heart, which went well with the colours of the papers.

I used a length of twine and twisted it into a heart around the month I wanted to highlight, sticking it in place with Tombo glue. My photo had a lot of background on it, including other people, and rather than just trim it down to size I cut it into a tag shape so that it tied in with the embellishments used. A misting of brown was added before the title was stuck down using a mix of tiny alpha stickers.

Well that's it from me for this month. Call back in a couple of days to see what Helen has in store for you.
Thanks for looking.
xXx


5 comments:

Jill said...

What a great LO again Lou, always so inspirational.

Retreat.... woohoo, can't wait! Jill x

Helen said...

Love the little touch of the heart twine around the month x

Ifa said...

Another gorgeous LO. I love twine and loving all the ideas of what to do with them.

Jenga said...

Love the heart with the twine. Great LO - you ARE a fun mum :D

Gems said...

Gorgeous Lou :) Love the tags, and the twine xx