The bright colours of this line by Echo Park were perfect for marking the celebrations on the day my class graduated, particularly as the turquiose papers matched our collars for the ceremony. I wanted to create dymo labelled strips for journalling on patterned paper as I have done so many times before, however on this day my label maker decided it did not want to play ball. To overcome the situation I did the following:
1. Opened a word document and set my document sized to 6x4.
2. I filled the document with a text box, setting the fill option to turquoise (the colour I wanted my strip to appear)
3. Setting the font colour to white, I typed my journalling using a free dymo-effect font that I had previously dowloaded.
4. I printed the finished journalling onto a sheet of photopaper, giving the authentic sheen of traditional label tape.
5. Finally I sliced my journalling into strips using my paper trimmer.
Don't forget you still have a few days left to enter our sketch challenge, all the details can be found here.