Monday 6 September 2010

Dear Lizzy Frame

This was a very basic, plain frame that I picked up at a discount store. I wanted to make it a 'touchy, feely' project that would go in my Daughters bedroom. The Dear Lizzy Fabric Paper is perfect for this type of project. I simply measured and cut the frame shape out of the fabric paper. Before sticking this to the frame, I decorated each of the circles with either a button, brad or flower, making sure that flowers were curled to add depth. I also stuck some of the Dear Lizzy coordinating ribbon around the inside edge of the square. Once all the glue was dried, I just peeled off the backing paper, and stuck it down over the wood. I did take the glass out first to allow the inside edges to be tucked under the frame, to leave a neat edge. Now it is one of those pieces that no-one can walk past without having to touch!

Hopefully you will all have a bit more scrapping time now the children have gone back to school. If you are looking for inspiration and are up for a challenge why not have a go at our summer challenge all the details can be found here.
Lou Collins

No comments: