Monday 17 March 2014

Pretty Painterly with Amy Tan Plus One and Maggie Holmes Styleboard

Hello people.  How are you ? It is Ifa with you today, sharing a couple of "Painterly" layouts.

I was excited to see the hand drawn Amy Tan titles in the Plus One Range, I ordered the rub ons. I also ordered the cute puffy stickers.  But I preferred the papers from Maggie Holmes Styleboard collection so I ordered those instead. I think the combination of bright splash of Amy Tan colours on sweet Maggie Holmes papers is just so pretty!



I wanted a painted base for my layout so I added some splashes of paint using Tim Holtz distress stain.  I then added a few circles from Maggie Holmes Styleboard Vellum Shapes before applying some rub ons on top. Ensure that the paint is dry before doing this.  Also note that the rub on does not apply as easily on the vellum as it does on paper so take care over this.


Next I arranged some photos and some vellum shapes for the layout.


After putting the background and photos together, I added a few more vellum shapes and some blackboard banner stickers proclaimed the title.


And this is my finish layout about a walking tour we did in Berlin.


My next layout followed the same recipe as you can see from the close-up. I used more circle vellum shapes to accompany photos from our Pool table.


And the finished layout...


What do you think ? Will this combo of products work for you ?

No comments: