Wednesday 6 January 2010

Winter Warmer

With all the freezing temperatures that we have been having lately and of course the snow I thought it would warm us all up a bit to have a look at some lovely summery layouts that Jen has created using Crate Papers Cottage Collection.

Camera Love: My Dad snapped this picture of me on holiday earlier in the year. I was busily chasing butterflies & lizards around the garden in the hope of getting that perfect shot, with the help of my lovely new lens. I love photos like this that are spontaneous, they always have a little story to tell!




















Bliss: Thes photos didn't need much journalling to go with them - the title says it all really! A few pretty details like a butterfly and some pearls are all that is needed when you want to keep the focus on the photos. Lifting the photos onto foam pads makes them jump off the page even more.





















A Story: I wanted to document a story from many years ago. It tells the tale of the moment I knew I was in love (yes, it's rather slushy!). Beacuse I didn't have any photos from the time that fitted, I picked out one of my favourite wedding photos to use on the layout. Journalling & photos don't always have to be from the same time - here the sentiment matches & that is what is important for me on this page.














It won't be long now until the January kits are on their way, this months kit is full of gorgeous Bo Bunny Flutter Butter papers and lot of co ordinating embellishments plus a full colour leaflet with layout and project ideas created by the design team. If you are looking to subscribe to a monthly kit there are a couple of subscriptions spaces available with a January start, as a subscriber bonus you will recieve a discount code which will entitle you to 10% off all orders until the end of the next month.










1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh those crate paper LOs are great, I think I might have to buy me some of that range! Keep up the good work everyone, I love it!