Thursday 11 June 2009

Crate Little Sprout

Cathy has created these gorgeous layouts and cards using the new very cute Little Sprout collection by Crate. Here she descibes how she did them:

& the Story Begins:

Starting off with a kraft cardstock base, I trimmed a little off the patterned paper & dark brown Bazzill to create a frame. Before sticking down I drew around & handcut about a quarter of an inch larger than one of the glitter die-cut mushrooms so that I could create a frame around this too. I trimmed several pieces of patterned paper to 3" x 3.5" to fit my photo's & scored about 1/2" down one side of each piece, these are then held in place on the mushroom with snaps (WRMK) The small orange spots on the mushroom are the centres from the scalloped Glitter border, some of the accents have been raised to create definition with 3D foam pads, the owls have been backed with plain paper to make them stand proud!

Olivia meets Noodles:
Self explanatory really - after making up my base with the Willow bordered paper I placed strips of the striped & plain yellow onto it & added a Glitter border under my photo.
I placed a selection of the Glitter accents together & used 3D pads to raise a few of them. To finish off I used some Pearls & a tiny strip of striped paper on my photo.


Here are a couple of cards Cathy created with the same range:

2 comments:

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous Cathy, especially like the little book!!

kjjc said...

wow gorgeous layouts Cathy