Sunday 12 January 2014

Out with the old....

As you probably all know, Sarah and Lianne are away at CHA, checking out all the new arrivals for us!!

This got me thinking about previous times (New Year is a time for reflection after all!) and all the discarded scrappy stuff that gets pushed to one side when we just have to have the shiny new goodies!

So, I decided to make a couple of layouts using scraps from my previously loved ranges (in this case Bella boulevard's snapshot)!

Using a sheet of white cardstock I set to adding as many scraps and bits as I could.

Using up your scraps shouldn't have to mean compromising on design and so I decided to make full use of 'white space' to give the photo and embellishments more impact.


Not enough letters left to finish your title? I used a tip I learned from a very dear friend of mine and cut around the negative shape left on the sheet, like I've done here with the 'e' in drier.


I love this photo of my gorgeous daughter with my wonderful grandson and I thought printing it off in black and white would make it stand out more against the lovely bright colours in the papers.

To pass the time until the girls get back from over the pond I intend to use up as many scraps as I can, so that when I fill my scraproom with all the scrummy new stash items that I know I'll need - I won't feel half as guilty as I usually do (ok, I admit it, I rarely feel guilty about it, but I know I should!!)

So, I hope I have inspired you to use up some of your old stuff to make way for all the new stash that will be coming our way soon!


2 comments:

Lesley G said...

Fabulous pages Tracie, a very different style for you but gorgeous all the same x

Jimjams said...

Gorgeous pages - love the bright/white contrast