Wednesday 6 November 2013

Say Cheese! ...and make sure you read to the end for an announcement :)

Hi all. Jen G here. The LO's I have to share today follow on from Lou's last post about not letting a "themed" range name put you off. At first glance I thought Simple Stories new release Say Cheese range was very Disney themed. However, on looking at it again I realised that it was actually very subtle in it's Disney hints. As I loved the colours in the range (we all know I love a good red!) I decided to go for it. The photos I chose to scrap are all from our recent mini-break at Legoland Windsor and Warwick Castle. 

Some are very Patterned Paper heavy:



This one, however, uses a minimal amount of the Patterned Papers, allowing the photos to pop from the page.

I enjoyed Tracy's sketch so much that I made a second version of it, this time for my eldest son's album.

This photo has been scrapped before, but as you already know I like to include some group shots in each of my boys' albums. If you don't already know the story behind this photo you'll have to scroll back to my September layouts for a good giggle! The spelling "error" is actually meant to be there (for once!)

So, time for the announcement. We have a winner for our October Sketch challenge! 
Congratulations Elizabeta!
We loved the Autumnal colours you chose on your page. Contact Lianne for your prize :) 

It was lovely for us to see a few new participants in our monthly challenge. Please do come back again in a few days for our next sketch. 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for choosing me as the winner of your sketch challenge! I'm so happy for that!

Alba Aguilar (AlbaScrap) said...

Congrats Elizabeta! For me it was also the best! The colors and the photo are so great!