Friday 25 October 2013

No tricks, just treats (part1).

Hi all, Tracy G here with a few non-scrapping creations. Like some of the other DT members, I have gone with a Halloween theme for my post this month. I have made with a few Halloween treat ideas for you, but of course if you don't celebrate  Halloween, you could also use some of them for other occasions using different supplies. I have chosen to work with the MME Happy Haunting range, the papers are almost cardstock weight and some have a gorgeous orange glitter on them too. I also used some stamped images from the clear stamp set.
I hope my instructions are clear enough to understand, as I was so enjoying  making the items I forgot to take photos of every step. If you do need anything clarifying, please leave a comment below and I will do my best to help.

Firstly I made a cute little witches hat, which could be used to hold little treats, or as home decor.



 Here's how I made it. (Just click on the photos to make them larger).





I then made this really simple bag/box.
  Just cut a piece of paper to 8 1/2" x 6 1/2", score every 2" on the long edge, and 2" on one end. Cut on each 2" score line up to the bottom score line to make the flaps for the base. Stick the sides and bottom flaps together, pinch the top together, punch a couple of holes in the top. Then thread and tie a piece of tulle or ribbon through the holes.


Next I made this peek-a-boo box.








This box I am calling a half cracker,  I'm sure you'll see why.




 If you're having a party, why not decorate some bottles of pop for the children?, or bottles of something a little stronger for the big children. (adults).


This sheet of paper is fabulous to use with some cheap frames, for some instant home decor.
It's not obvious on this picture, but all the orange bits are glittered.


Please come back tomorrow for part two of my Halloween creations.


No comments: