Tuesday 12 March 2013

{Basics}

It's Jen N here again with a closer look at one of the new ranges into the shop - the Basics range by Pebbles Inc. This is a hugely versatile and usable line consisting of papers in a rainbow of colours, and available in popular designs such as polka dots, chevrons and grids. In addition to the papers there are also stickers, die cuts, thickers alphabets, journalling cards, chipboard pieces and wooden pegs. My favourite product that they've added to this collection is the washi tape - it comes in sets of two coordinating rolls, in polka dot and chevron designs and is about half the width of your usual washi tape. It's great!
Click the image below to go straight to the products in the shop.

 I've created three pages using a selection of goodies from the range. The first uses strips of paper to make a patterned background. The bright colours complimented this slightly obscure photo of me holding a miniature pineapple! These featured in the table flowers at my sister's wedding last year, and were a firm favourite with all the guests. I managed to snag one to keep! On the top and bottom paper strips I added a row of tone on tone punched hearts on foam pads, to give a little dimension and interest.


For this next page I chose a more select set of colours from the palette,  to compliment the photos of my little boy enjoying our garden after it was landscaped. We had it converted from gravel and waist height raised beds to a lawn, and he just loves it! I punched lots of various sized circles from the papers and arranged them under my photo strip, raising the bottom edges up on foam squares to give some depth.



My last page for today was inspired by the page I created and taught at last year's scrapbooking retreat. It features s sunburst effect, and one of my favourite photos from my sister's wedding. Benjamin was pageboy and looked so adorable in his little suit! He carried a little plaque down the aisle which said "here comes the bride", and was completely unfazed by 70 odd people watching him.


Speaking of the retreat, the annual Sarah's Cards scrapbooking retreat is taking place this weekend. If you are joining us for the fun then I'll see you there! If not, just a quick reminder that shop orders placed after 10pm on 12th March will be processed once Sarah and Lianne are back in the office, from Monday 18th March onwards. 



No comments: