Sunday 23 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

Back in November, with Christmas fast approaching, I ordered from the gorgeous Studio Calico Wonderland range. I was particularly intrigued by the Die Cut Polaroid Shapes.

                                 Studio Calico - Wonderland - Die Cut Polaroid Shapes
However, when they arrived I had no Christmas photos printed out yet. After a quick flick through my “to scrap” pile I noticed that some of the Polaroid die cuts were actually perfect for these photos of my son learning to ride his bike back in August. Both the colour and the wording were perfect. So I decided to go down the “Christmas papers for a non-Christmas layout” road.
The Sugarland paper has a gorgeous road map on one side that does have the odd snowman on it. By careful cutting of paper and positioning of photos I was able to hide those tiny snowmen leaving no trace of winter or Christmas on the page.

On each of the three pages I’m sharing today I have used the polaroid die cuts in a different way. On this page I used two of them to frame photographs. I added some washi tape which helped to make the words stand out and coordinate the die cuts with the woodgrain paper behind the main photo.  

For the second and third pages I got around to printing Christmas photos. My three boys really enjoyed our visit to Santa this year but the photos we got sure don’t look like they did! Still, they need to be scrapped. For the first Christmas page I documented my eldest son’s struggle with whether to believe in Santa or not. We have been calling it his “Christmas Cold”. This time I used the Polaroid die cut to frame the title. I backed it with some patterned paper first, then added Thickers and alphabet stickers to the already existing word to create the title.


My third and final page uses an almost identical photograph to document my middle son’s love of Christmas. I backed the die cut with patterned paper again, but this time I asked him to write in the space to finish off my journaling. I also added a cute Christmas tree from the coordinating sticker sheet.


There are 12 of the Polaroid Die Cuts in the packet so I still have plenty to play with. Have you used them yet? Leave us a link to any pages you have created with them.

All of us at Sarahscards hope you have an amazing Christmas. We can’t wait to see your holiday pages so please do leave us links here or on our Facebook page.  

Merry Christmas!


4 comments:

Tracie said...

Really love what you've done with that Sugarland paper and those polaroid frames look ace! Fab layouts, as always!

Jill said...

Great LOs as always Jen. Happy Christmas to all of you. Jill x

Vanessa said...

Jen, they're lovely and I love the message from Josh! :) x

Helen said...

Really love the first page - great use of Christmas paper :)