Thursday 19 April 2012

Amy Tangerine Wow

I adore the New Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collection, I had one of everything and thats very rare for me. If you haven't already seen it you need to take a look at this inspiring colourful collection HERE

If you find it hard to work with bright colours try using small amounts against a dark background and it will really make your colours jump off the page.

Along with using Amy Tangerine I decided to try some stamping.. I really am a hopeless stamper, I think i'm a stampaphobe.

While at the recent Sarahs Cards retreat I swooned over this amazing background stamp from Studio Calico/Hero Arts I think these were flying off the shelf.!!

Rather than using ink I decided to try acrylic paint as I wanted to stamp with white on my black cardstock and wasn't sure I could get it bright enough using an inkpad.. If you are going to try this apply a thin layer of paint with a sponge and wash your stamp imediately afterwards to make sure it doesn't get clogged up.

Here's a page I have made using the stamping technique and Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collection.






Products used:

Rainbow Ribbon available from Sarahs Cards but not on the site 
White acrylic paint
Amy Tangerine Sketchbook -













3 comments:

Jenga said...

Lovely page Claire. Looking forward to seeing what else you have done with that gorgeous range :-)

Louise said...

The stamping with white onto the black looks great :)

amytangerine said...

fantastic!