Lily Bee Lovely Papers
1. Paint your box all over using the colour paint that you want to show through the cracks in the top coat of paint, I have used pool. Allow the box to thoroughly dry.
2. Put a thin coat of crackle glaze over the box and again allow to dry.
3. Paint the box with your choice of top coat, make sure you don't go over areas once they are painted as it could affect the crackle on that area.
4. Once the box is throughly dry add a coat of dead flat varnish to seal and protect your box.
5. Now you are ready for for the fun stage, decorating your box!
6. Cut four strips of patterned paper to fit each side, add a length of lace to the bottom edge of each strip pleating it along the way. Stick each strip onto the sides of your box.
7. Cut a rectangle of paper slightly smaller than the lid, ink and distress the edges and add lace around the edge again pleating it as you go and stick it onto the lid.
8. Add an oval of peals to the centre of your rectangle and then decorate with punched flowers, hand cut leaves, bling and butterflies. I have die cut some felt flowers to add to the lid as well.
9. I wanted to add some script onto the box so used a rub on along both of the long edges of the lid.
10. To finish the box off I added some punched butterflies to the sides and added a piece of paper onto the bottom of the box to make it look neat and tidy.