Wednesday 1 December 2010

She Ain't Heavy...

When I was sent these American Crafts Dear Lizzie Enchanted papers to use I was instantly drawn to this gorgeous varnished accent paper. I loved the pattern and wanted that to be a major part of my page, so I decided to use it as my background paper. Leaving it whole was a bit too overpowering so I trimmed it slightly and then cut it into three sections, letting the pattern continue after each gap. I used the sewing machine to add some stitching around each section to add some extra detail. I kept the rest of the page very simple and tried to keep everything contained around the photo. I am not a great one for adding journalling to my pages partly as I don't like seeing my own writing but also I don't always know what I want to say so hidden journalling always works well for me. On this page I have got Emily to document her thoughts on the memories this photo brings, I really like getting the girls to journal on my pages (it means I don't have to do it!!). I think that in years to come it will be lovely to have their thoughts documented.
One way I do love to add journalling is using little alphabet stickers, Sarah has got a fantastic selection over in the shop including My Little Shoebox, Glitz, Adornit, Making Memories and Jenni Bowlin.
Have you seen the special offers over in the shop? Martha Stewart punches are reduced by 30%, have a look here for all the details.
Rachael

No comments: