Thursday 1 July 2010

Homemade

We thougth it would be good to have a go at something a little different from the usual 12x12 layouts, extending our love of paper crafts to home decor. Cathy is starting us off with this gorgeous picture.

You will need...
October Afternoon fly a kite papers
Fancy Pants Artist edition frame
Emery board
Dauber paints OR paints
Glue Stick
Scrap of ribbon
Small heart doillie
Paper Mache frame OR any frame with a deep apperture would do. (mine is 10" x 10")
Foam pads

How To...
1. I stared off by using the reverse of 'Lemonade' paper to cover the edges of the frame, I then cut the 'Front Porch' paper into strips before placing this on top of it, making sure that I centred it matching it on both sides top and bottom. I put it to one side to dry.
2. I then took the 'Homemade' word from the Thickers pack, because these have a shiny coating & I wanted it red I used an emery board to sand off the coating before painting it red, I also decided to do the same thing to the 'Love' but did this orange. I did 2 coats on each.
3. I then took the Fancy Pants Artist metal frame and painted it in aqua on both sides.When the frame was dry I sanded the whole thing with a rough emery board making sure that some of the top layer of paper came off in parts so as to get an aged effect. I dusted it off with an old paintbrush because I didn't want the dust to interfere with the rest of my sticking down!!
4. With the reverse of the 'Ice cream' paper I measured & cut it to the size of the apperture of the frame before using glue stick to stick it in place, I then cut thin strips of the reverse of the 'Front Porch' paper to go around the inside edge.
5. I placed a small heart shaped doillie to the back & the banner sticker across the frame corners, a journal card & a mini bingo card behind my photo arrangement.
6. Then using 3 layers of 3D foam tape squares I placed the 'Love' before fixing the metal frame down (using very strong glue - Tombow Multi) I sanded the fancy edge with my emery board to reveal the metal.
7. I then 3D foam 'Homemade' on top of the frame.
8. The little chipboard houses are from my stash - I think they are Maya Rd? I just covered these with small scraps of paper, sanded the edges & mounted with 3D foam, on the bottom right corner I just covered a scrap piece of chipboard, added a rub-on & some OA mini market letter stickers. I wanted to add a little something extra so just punched out 2 circles before topping them off with a rub-on butterfly & again using 3D foam I fixed it beside the mini bingo card. I tied a bow before sticking it to the metal frame link.






We have another couple of projects to share with you over the next week so don't forget to pop back and see what we have been up to.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Beautiful - love those papers too :)

Kerry said...

Absolutely beautiful Cathy - what more can be said!!!!!
Can't wait for the next project.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

stunning cathy xxx