Thursday 23 April 2009

Q&A by Rachael Elliott

Rachael created this gorgeous layout for us using the new Bloom range by My Mind's Eye. We love the idea behind the page and Rachael explains how she did it:

Back in November 2007 I did one of these layouts for each of my girls, it was an idea that I got from UKS. They are great layouts to look back on, I love the fact that the girls get to write their own answers on the page and it records their thoughts and handwriting. I thought it was about time that I did another one so I have started with one for Emily. I printed out the questions using microsoft office and lots of different fonts, then cut them into strips. Emily pracitsed her answers on some scrap paper first and then wrote it out in best on the layout. Some of her answers I have expanded on the back of the layout as she didn't really have enough room to explain her reasoning. You could use the same idea for younger children and record milestones that they have reached at the time that you do your layout.




Supplies:
MME Bloom papers
12x12 Bazzill Dotted Swiss - Salt

2 comments:

Polly said...

Beautiful, love it!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Coincidentally, I'm planning a very similar layout for my toddler for her first year. I LOVE the idea of the different fonts for each question.