Saturday 17 March 2012

More Charming....

It's Natalie again with my second page using the new gorgeous This & that "Charming" line from Echo Park.

I love the versatility of papers made of various patterned strips like the Border Strips sheet in this range - you could easily create a page with one of these and a sheet of cardstock or background paper alone. I used several strips cut from this sheet to add patterns under my photo.
I combined these with the worn-dotted border stamp from the My Minds Eye's Dilly Dally Adventure stamps - using versamark and copper embossing powder to suit my page. Heat embossing directly on my photo did make it crack a little, so I added a strip of the October Afternoon Farmhouse twine across the area to cover most of it up.

Again, the letters on the12x12 alpha sheet were great for my title, which I added straight on to my photo. The "Remember" wooden tab you can see to the left is also from the same sheet.
Hexagons and octagons are everywhere at the moment, so I hand cut a few for my page from scraps of the papers in clusters to my page. I added a stamped banner across one cluster, and heat embossed a heart directly on to the other.
My final embellishment cluster was made simply by popping some MME Miss Caroline "love" buttons and pins together. I love the contrast of the wooden button with the crystal-effect one.
The heart pin was actually a bright fuchsia pink, but I easily customised the colour to suit my page in three easy steps:
(please excuse the quality of these mobile phone pictures)
First I pressed the pin into a versamark pad to give it a good coating of adhesive:

Then I dipped it into the copper embossing powder:
 And finally after a quick blast with a heat gun, my pink heart had a copper finish:

Thank you as always for popping by the blog. There have been lots of new CHA arrivals in the shop this week, including Jilly Bean, SEI, Lilly Bee Designs and Simple Stories - so why not make that your next destination?!  ;)
My supplies included:

No comments: