Wednesday 4 November 2009

American Crafts Junior

The newest memeber of our design team, Vanessa, has been working with the gorgeous American Crafts Junior range. She has produced this fantastic page which just goes to show that you don't need to use heaps of stash to create a stunning page, how about scraplifting this layout using up some of your scraps.

Eat your Veg!
My little boy is always asking for raw carrots, he likes them washed, but not peeled – “just like a rabbit eats them mammy!”, I thought this was so funny, as well as really sweet and a lovely little memory to document in a layout.Firstly, I converted the photograph to black and white to contrast with the bold, funky and bright papers from the American Crafts Junior range and I then I coloured the carrot back in to add to that contrasting effect.I used normal green embroidery thread to stitch up the side and I sponged the centre of the main cardstock with a white chalk inkpad. The little black stars above the journaling sticker are hand drawn.

No comments: