Saturday 17 May 2014

Wood Veneer Go Large with Dear Lizzy Daydreamer

Hey lovelies. Managed to catch some crafting time lately ?  If you are in need of some inspiration, I have a couple of layouts to share with you today.

Have you seen the 12x12 sheet of wood veneer ? I got one immediately but unfortunately it is no longer in stock.  Those of you lucky enough to bag one, wanna see what I've made ?



The sheet is soft so I went ahead and attempted to cut it into smaller sections. In fact I ended up with three sections. I started by using a craft knife but it was quite fiddly so later cuts were made with my Tim Holtz scissors.  I absolutely do not recommend trashing your scissors in this way but my scissors came away unharmed. So, my advise is, exercise caution.


I also used the following lovely products, mainly from the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection.


My layout is about sushi so I started by adding a lot of sushi related words to a piece of wood veneer.


I added the title on top of these words.


I added some roll up paper flowers and embellishments. Completed, the title area looks like this.


The finished layout with photos from a sushi school at YO! Sushi. I love the texture and discolouration of the wood veneer against the photo of sushi on the sushi rolling mat.


My other layout also used the wood veneer as a base for a lot of words. 


That's all from me this time.  Happy scrapping.

Blogged with love by Ifa.







1 comment:

Kerry said...

So beautiful Ifa! Love them both, such fun designs and your use of the wooden hearts - inspiring. Pinned. xx